Wednesday 20 January 2016

Sweet Potatoes in a Tomato Sauce Recipe


Google Image 


Hey my loves
Hope you're all well! How are we all doing with keeping on plan? All good I hope, and I hope my snaps on snap chat and blog posts are helping people eat healthier and reach goals they really want :) 

So tonight myself and Anthony were debating getting a Chinese or chipper for a cheat night, but I decided against it and suggested I make the KFC again with some sweet potatoes in tomato sauce, and oh my God am I happy I chose that over a waste of syns on a Chinese!! The whole dinner was syn free and when I say it was the tastiest meal I have had in a long time I would not be exaggerating in the slightest!! Unbelievable! So keep reading to see how simple it is to make this yummy one!!  So we made this with some onion rings which I synned at 5 syns and the KFC recipe you can find here 

Recipe:

Serves: 2
Syns: 3 syns (using Be good bread and low low cheese)  or else use HEB and HEA 

Ingredients

3-4 small-med sweet potatoes or just 1 large sweet potato
Canned chop tomatoes
Red, green and yellow pepper half of each chopped in to chunks
2 Garlic cloves crushed 
1 onion finely chopped 
mixed herbs
salt
LowLow cheese for topping 

Method:


  1. Wash, peel and slice sweet potatoes in to chunky circles , spray dish with low cal fry light and place the sweet potatoes singly over the dish 
  2. Spray some fry light in to a pot and add your peppers onion garlic, mix around then add canned tomatoes. 
  3. Add some mixed herbs, salt, pepper, tumeric and more garlic salt and bring to the boil
  4. Let simmer for a few minutes before pouring it all over the sweet potatoes
  5. Put in oven on 180 for about 20-30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft. 
  6. Add some cheese on top and place back in oven till cheese melt






So you should 100% make this dish!! It is so simple to make and the result is just so so good!!! 

Definitely let me know if you make this one :) Hope you enjoyed this post :D 

Thanks for reading
Until next time

Lots of Love 


No comments:

Post a Comment